Friday 8 April 2016

Classroom Displays

Ask yourself, does your classroom help you engage your students?  This is what I asked myself about 8 years ago when I got a lab to myself for the first time.  Unfortunately it was full of about 30 years worth of clutter, shelves with about 2cm of dust on and was generally un-inspirational.  So for the last 8 years I've endeavoured to put up as many thought provoking displays that can be used when teaching as possible.  Here are a list of things to think about before starting to put up your displays:


  1. Choose a topic or area that is relevant to your syllabus  
  2. Pick a few exam questions about that area
  3. Decide what your students will need to know to answer these questions
  4. How can you combine this into a display 
Below I've included some photos of displays I've put up, I hope it gives you some ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment